As some of you may be aware, I've spent a lot of this summer promoting my children's book 'Destiny Calling', which I've uploaded to the platform Britain's Next Bestseller. There, the book has to achieve a target of 250 pre-orders in order to get a publishing deal, and time is ticking by as the deadline is September 5th. If you're short on time, I'll just give you the link and reasons to order now:
- You get your name printed in the book
- You get the book two weeks ahead of general release
- Your money won't be taken unless the book gets published
- 10% of all royalties generated from the book will go to Wings For Life, a charity funding research into a cure for spinal cord injuries
- You'll be supporting a book that deals with disability, class and female friendship, and hopefully gets more 8 - 12 year-olds reading.
- You'll be releasing me from a two year slog through the slush piles of trying to get 'Destiny Calling' published the traditional way (see this post for more detail on my demoralising experiences with the publishing world!)
For those with more time, you can watch a video of me being interviewed about the book:
You can also read a review of the book and see me in the local press.
And of course, you can go straight to Britain's Next Bestseller, when you can read a synopsis, a sample chapter, hear me reading extracts from the book, and find out what inspired it. Then you can place your pre-order too.
Failing that, a share on social media would be lovely. Thanks!